Real Estate





This division records and processes real estate and non-real estate documents. The recording fees, transfer tax and intangible tax are collected at the time of filing the documents. You may bring documents into this office for recording or send them by mail to:

Clerk of Superior Court
Attention: Deed Room Suite 103
3 Government Plaza
Rome, GA 30161

It is advisable to have an attorney when filing legal papers to insure that the rights of all parties are protected and that all procedures are correctly followed. The Clerk's employees are prohibited by state law from furnishing legal advice (OCGA 15-19-851). Different situations may require special procedures and the Clerk's employees cannot advise you on how to proceed or what form may be necessary in specific situations. 

Real Estate Records Processing

This division is responsible for indexing real estate and other documents filed with the Clerk of Superior Court. After recording and processing the documents, the original documents are returned by mail.

Requesting Copies 

If you need to request a copy of the document through the mail, please send a letter indicating the type of document and the book and page number of the document. The cost is one dollar ($1.00) per page. If you need a court certified copy, the cost is two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50) for the first page of the document and fifty cents ($0.50) for each additional page. The mailing address for the Deed Room is: 

Clerk of Superior Court
Attention: Deed Room Suite 103
3 Government Plaza
Rome, GA 30161


Frequently Asked Questions


What is the difference between a warranty deed and a quit claim deed? 


A warranty deed has language that implies a guarantee or warranty of title; a quit claim deed does not guarantee or warranty title. You may need to contact an attorney to determine which type of deed to file.


What is the difference between an executor, trustee, and administrator deed?


Executor's Deed - conveys title out of an estate of a deceased person who had a will probated.

Trustee's Deed - conveys title by trustee.

Administrator's Deed - conveys title out an estate of a deceased person who did not have a will probated. 


How do I obtain information on foreclosures?


The foreclosure properties that are sold in Floyd County are advertised in the legal notices sections of Rome News Tribune once a week for four (4) weeks prior to the sale of the property. Foreclosure properties are sold the first Tuesday of every month between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the front steps of the Courthouse.


How can I have the title to my property in Georgia searched, if I live in another state?

You must contact an attorney or a title company to complete a title search


Can deed real estate records be accessed on the internet?

A limited number of records are available on the Georgia Superior Court Clerk's Cooperative Authority website. The address is - Choose the state index search, choose deed index, and setup user account. There is a fee for this service. If the information is not available at this website, you will have to go to the Courthouse and search the records


Do you accept faxed documents for recording?

The Georgia Code does not allow faxed copies for recording. We must have original signatures.